- This event has passed.
TV and Online Content
21 21+00:00 October, 2022 @ 8:00 - 17:00
TV and Online Content (CREA-MEDIA-2023-TVONLINE)
NEED HELP WITH THIS CALL?
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- Be legal entities (public or private bodies);
- Be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- non-EU countries:
- listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries);
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- Be established in one of the countries participating fully in the MEDIA strand and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries. When a company is publicly listed, the location of the stock exchange will in principle determine its nationality;
- Be independent European audio-visual production companies;
- The coordinator must be the majority producer of the work in terms of rights. In case of equal shares, the coordinator should be designated by the partner(s) as delegate producer.
Applications by single applicants are allowed (single beneficiaries), as well as proposals submitted by a consortium of at least 2 applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities).
The objective of the support to TV and online content is to increase the capacity of audio-visual producers to develop and produce strong projects with significant potential to circulate throughout Europe and beyond, and to facilitate European and international co-productions within the television and online sector.
The action aims to strengthen the independence of producers in relation to broadcasters and digital platforms, to enhance collaboration between operators, including independent producers, broadcasters, digital platforms and sales agents, from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, in order to produce high quality programming aimed at wide international distribution and promoted to a wide audience including commercial exploitation in the multi-platform environment. Particular attention will be given to projects presenting innovative aspects in the content and in the financing that show a clear link with the envisaged distribution strategies.
- Increased production of high-quality European works for linear and non-linear broadcasting including on digital platforms, as well as an increase in the number of co-productions;
- Enhanced cooperation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, including between broadcasters;
- Increased audience for European works through linear and non-linear broadcasting including on digital platforms.
Description of the activities to be funded
The TV and online content action supports works (drama films, animation and documentary) intended for linear and non-linear broadcasting, presenting:
- Strong cooperation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, including between broadcasters;
- High creative/artistic value and wide cross-border exploitation potential able to reach audiences at European and international level;
- Innovative aspects in terms of the content and the financing that show a clear link with the envisaged distribution strategies.
Only the production activities for the following works intended primarily for the purposes of television or online exploitation are eligible:
- Drama films (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 90 minutes;
- Animation (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 24 minutes;
- creative documentaries (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 50 minutes.
The application must be submitted at the latest on the first day of principal photography (or start of animation for animation projects).
The work must be produced with the significant participation of professionals who are nationals and/or residents of countries participating in the MEDIA Strand.
The work must involve the participation of at least two broadcasting companies from two countries participating in the MEDIA Strand.
The exploitation rights licensed to all the broadcasting companies participating in the production have to revert to the producer after a maximum license period of:
- 7 years if the broadcaster’s participation takes the form of a pre-sale;
- 10 years if the broadcaster’s participation also takes the form of a coproduction.
A minimum of 40% of the financing of the total estimated production budget must be guaranteed from third party sources of finance.
A minimum of 50% of the total estimated financing must come from countries participating in the MEDIA Strand.
Available Budget: 22.000.000 €
- For creative documentaries, the maximum grant amount is 300.000,00 € per project.
- For animation works, the maximum grant amount is 500.000,00 € per project.
- For drama works, the maximum grant amount per project is:
- 500.000,00 € if the eligible production budget is below 10M€,
- 1M€ if the eligible production budget is between 10M€ and 20M€,
- 2M€ if the eligible production budget is above 20M€.
The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
The grant will be a lump sum grant. This means that it will reimburse a fixed amount, based on a lump sum or financing not linked to costs. The amount will be fixed by the granting authority on the basis of the estimated project budget and a funding rate of maximum 20%.
Project duration: 36 months (Extensions are possible, if duly justified and through an amendment).
For more details, please see point 10. (Legal and financial set-up of the Grant Agreements) of the TV AND ONLINE CONTENT (CREA-MEDIA-2023-TVONLINE) Call Document.