- This event has passed.
Rapid Response Fund
May 4 @ 8:00 - 17:00
Rapid Response Fund
NEED HELP WITH THIS CALL?
Any organization or person within OTF’s (Open Technology Fund) remit who requires urgent assistance related to a digital emergency can apply to the Rapid Response Fund. Specifically, those who:
- demonstrate skill and ability to conduct rapid response work; and
- have intimate knowledge of the communities they are working with and the digital threats they experience.
The Rapid Response Fund aims to resolve threats in a timely and comprehensive manner for individuals, communities, and organizations whose free expression has recently been repressed. To resolve digital emergencies, OTF offers both direct financial support as well as technical services from trusted partners to high-risk people and organizations, such as bloggers, cyber activists, journalists, and human rights defenders.
The Rapid Response Fund offers two types of support to organizations, activists, journalists, and other human rights defenders facing digital attacks and emergencies of various kinds:
- technological services from trusted service partners and
- direct financial support for the many needs that cannot be fulfilled by available service partners.
Relevant activities might include:
- Establishing new Internet connections (such as VPNs) when existing connections have been cut off or have been restricted;
- Providing personal digital protection for online journalists, human rights defenders, NGOs, activists and bloggers;
- Rapid development of tools or translations needed to respond adequately to emergencies;
- Developing decentralized, mobile internet applications that can link computers as an independent network (mesh or delay-tolerant networks);
- Emergency patches
- Any appropriate response to digital emergencies not listed above
It no possible to support applicants within countries that the United States has trade restrictions or export sanctions as determined by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
All payments will be made in U.S. dollars (USD) and will comply with local laws, regulations and ethics rules. Each applicant is responsible for the tax consequences of any support they receive, as determined by the laws of their country.
When rapid response applicants’ needs are not sufficiently covered by our service partners, OTF can provide financial support directly to activists, journalists and related organizations to help prepare for or mitigate digital threats or emergencies, given applicants can demonstrate their capacity to do the required work. It typically provides anywhere from $1 to $50,000 for a period of six months or less for individuals or groups carrying out relevant rapid response activities, although applications in excess of this sum can be considered.
Organisation: Open Technology Fund
Consult details and how to apply here.
NOTE: The Opening Date in the description is the date when this Call was uploaded to this site and not the real Call Opening Date-> information not found. OTF accepts applications on a rolling basis.