- This event has passed.
Networks of European Cinemas
29 29+00:00 June, 2022 @ 8:00 - 17:00
Networks of European Cinemas (CREA-MEDIA-2022-CINNET)
NEED HELP WITH THIS CALL?
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- Be legal entities (public or private bodies);
- Be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- non-EU countries:
- listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries).
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
The action is open to European cinema networks. A cinema network is a group of European independent cinemas developing, through the medium of a legally constituted co-ordination entity, joint activities in the area of screening and promoting European films. In particular, this coordination entity shall ensure the operation of a communication and information system among the cinemas. To be eligible, the cinema network must represent at least 400 cinemas situated in at least 20 countries participating in the MEDIA strand.
A European independent cinema is a company, association or organisation with a single or several screens based in countries participating in the MEDIA strand and which operates under the same company name. The screening of films should be the principal activity of the participant or division of the participant’s organisation.
Only applications by single applicants are allowed.
Within the specific objective of promoting competitiveness, scalability, cooperation, innovation and sustainability, including through mobility, in the European audio-visual sector, the priorities of the MEDIA strand are:
- To enhance the circulation, promotion, online and theatrical distribution of European audio-visual works, within the Union and internationally in the new digital environment; including through innovative business models;
- To promote European audio-visual works, heritage works, and support audience the engagement and development of audiences of all ages, in particular young audiences, across Europe and beyond.
Activities that can be funded (scope)
- The action will support a network of European cinema operators screening a significant proportion of non-national European films for an increased audience and a renewed cinema-going experience.
- Applicants should present adequate strategies to ensure a more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
- Increase the audience for non-national European films on the European market;
- Reach new audiences for European films including young cinema-goers;
- Reinforce and renew the ongoing cinema experience;
- Adjust the business practices of European cinema theatres in terms of sustainability and inclusion;
- Foster the innovation potential of European cinema theatres through enhanced collaboration.
Cinemas’ network should enable the following activities:
- Networking activities: information, animation and communication in view of increasing the audience reach and implementing innovative and collaborative actions.
- Provide financial support to participating cinemas implementing eligible activities listed below:
- Actions aiming at promoting and screening European films and increasing the audience for non-national European films and contributing to a more sustainable and environmentally-respectful industry;
- Innovative activities aiming at reaching new audiences and raising interest among young cinema-goers for European films by renewing and enriching the cinema experience;
- Harnessing the digital transition, including online tools and data applications.
- Adjusting the business practices of European cinema theatres in terms of sustainability, inclusion and accessibility;
- Promotion and marketing activities in cooperation with other distribution platforms (e.g. TV broadcasters, VOD platforms).
- The available call budget is 15.000.000,00 €
- Project budget (maximum grant amount): No limit. The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- The costs will be reimbursed at the funding rate fixed in the Grant Agreement (95%).
- Project duration: 18 months (extensions are possible, if duly justified and through an amendment).
For more details, please see point 10. (Legal and financial set-up of the Grant Agreements) of the NETWORKS OF EUROPEAN CINEMAS (CREA-MEDIA-2022-CINNET) Call Document.