- This event has passed.
Media and Information Literacy for Citizens Empowerment
28 28+00:00 June, 2022 @ 8:00 - 17:00
Media and Information Literacy for Citizens Empowerment - 1st Round
NEED HELP WITH THIS CALL?
Consortium composed by:
- Non-Profit organizations, including public service media;
- Universities and educational institutions;
- Research centres;
- Non-Governamental organizations;
- Media literacy organizations.
For profit organizations of any and size operating as fact-checkers, news media organizations or technology providers, on condition that the consortium integrates one or more entities mentioned above.
The key aim of this Call is to support initiatives that enhance digital media and information literacy skills in targeted European countries or regions by improving all technical, cognitive, social, civic and creative capacities that allow citizens to access the media, to have a critical understanding of it and to interact with it.
this Call is specifically aimed at projects that can demonstrably empower citizens by strengthening their ability to think critically, assess the trustworthiness of information accessed or shared through social media, fully understand the mechanisms that shape online interactions amongst social media users, and take part in the public discourse in a responsible and meaningful way.
Applicants are invited to present proposals that can achieve a strong multiplier effect, which may involve:
- The design and delivery of appropriate, replicable trainings/training materials to schoolteachers and/or educators active in non-formal education contexts, including sharing of best practices across linguistic, state and cultural borders;
- The development of multi-lingual educational materials targeted at specific age, linguistic and/or cultural groups, with a particular focus on the most vulnerable segments of the population, as well as innovative pedagogic tools, including gaming and creative uses of remote learning methodologies, to be used by trained teachers and educators;
- The development of campaigns, strategies (including policy recommendations), tools (including software applications) and effective methodologies to help citizens to identify disinformation on digital media, promote the use of fact- checking services and reporting by social media users, and/or raise awareness about the danger of receiving and propagating disinformation.
Actions aimed “training the trainers” are strongly encouraged due to their potential to achieve a wider impact. Such actions may be targeted at educators active within institutional or non-formal educational programs, or at other relevant categories of professionals, including journalists, bloggers, youth workers or social media influencers.
- Production, distribution and adaptation to different linguistic and cultural contexts of original educational materials, including fact-checked news repositories and interactive educational tools, to improve the capacities of citizens to acquire a critical understanding of and ability to interact with media and social media;
- Training activities, as well as awareness-raising campaigns or actions, including conferences, seminars, events;
- Development of innovative information/ pedagogical tools improving the understanding of systemic risks of digital media ecosystems and fostering a critical use of digital media;
- Identification of best practices and efficient dissemination of the material created by the project.
- Promotion of social media campaigns and other relevant activities aimed at helping citizens to interact with digital media in a critical way;
- Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks, exchanges of good practices, and uptake of innovative methodologies and relevant technologies.
Payments will be put into effect as follows:
- 30% of the grant amount upon signature of the agreement.
- 20% of the grant amount upon approval of the 1st interim report.
- 20% of the grant amount upon approval of the 2nd interim report; and
- 30% of the grant amount upon approval of the final activity and financial report.