- This event has passed.
Films on the Move
November 9 @ 8:00 - 17:00
Films on the Move (CREA-MEDIA-2024-FILMOVE)
NEED HELP WITH THIS CALL?
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- Be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- Be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- non-EU countries:
- listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries)
- Be established in one of the countries participating fully in the MEDIA strand and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries. When a company is publicly listed, the location of the stock exchange will in principle determine its nationality.
- Be a European Sales agent:
- A European sales agent is the company acting as an intermediary agent for the producer, who specialises in the commercial exploitation of a film by marketing and licensing a film to distributors or other purchasers for foreign countries.
- Be appointed by the producer of the submitted film by way of an international sales agreement providing for the right to sell the film in at least 15 countries participating in the MEDIA strand.
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
Only applications by single applicants are allowed.
The Films on the Move action shall encourage and support the wider distribution of recent non-national European films by encouraging sales agents and theatrical distributors in particular to invest in promotion and adequate distribution of non- national European films.
- Development of pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution strategies for non-national European films.
- Increased investment in theatrical and/or online promotion and distribution of non-national European films in view of expanding audience reach.
- Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films on a global market.
Description of the activities to be funded under the call for proposals:
- The activities to be funded are campaigns for the pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution of eligible European films, coordinated by the sales agent of the film.
- Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
The activities to be funded are campaigns for the pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution of eligible European films, outside their country of origin, coordinated by the sales agent of the film.
A minimum of 7 different distributors must be attached to the project out of which at least 2 must originate from lower audio-visual capacity countries Group A or Group B.
The majority of the national distribution campaigns should focus on theatrical releases.
The distributors must commit to carry out the distribution of the film on their territories via a letter of intent.
The film must be released at earliest 10 weeks after the date of submission of the application.
The film must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- It must be a work of fiction (including animated films) or documentary, with a minimum duration of 60 minutes;
- It must have its first copyright established in 2022 at the earliest;
- It must not consist of alternative content (operas, concerts, performance, etc.), advertising, pornographic or racist material or advocate violence;
- Films must have a production budget of maximum 15M€;
- It must be majority produced by a producer or producers established in the countries participating in the MEDIA strand. A minimum of 50% of the financing of the total estimated production budget must come from countries participating in the MEDIA strand and the production companies must be credited as such. Elements such as opening credits, copyright as appearing on the rolling credits, creative control, ownership of exploitation rights and share of profits may also be taken into account;
- The film must have an interoperable standard identifier, such as ISAN or EIDR, to be provided by the coordinator;
- It must be produced with the significant participation (as per the credits) of professionals who are nationals/residents of countries participating in the MEDIA strand and credited as such (see eligible participants in this section). ‘Significant participation’ is defined as having more than 50% of the points on the basis of the table (please see the call document). The total can vary depending on the type of work (fiction, animation or documentary) and on the total of professionals actually involved. When roles are shared, points are shared accordingly. In the event of a tie (i.e. where the points are equal for a given nationality) the nationality of the director(or the following talent in the list below) shall be decisive.
- If the film is produced at the time of submission an access to an online screening room of the film for which support is sought must be provided. This requirement is waived only if the film is not produced at the time of application. In such case, the applicant commits to submit the film as soon as it is available. In any event, it will be part of the deliverables of the final report.
- National / Non-national European film:
- European films will be considered as “national” in that country participating in the MEDIA strand whose nationals /residents have participated in the highest proportion in the making of the film. This country is considered as the country of origin of the film for the purpose of the action. They will be considered as “nonnational” outside the country of origin.
The available call budget is 16.000.000,00 €.
- 14 March 2024 17:00:00 Brussels time
- 18 July 2024 17:00:00 Brussels time
The budget is divided indicatively as follows:
- 40% for the 1st cut-off date
- 60% for the 2nd cut-off date
A maximum 25% of the budget will be allocated to films with a production budget superior to 10.000.000,00 €.
- Project budget (maximum grant amount): No limit.
- The costs will be reimbursed at the funding rate fixed in the Grant Agreement (90%).
- Project duration: 12 to 24 months.