- This event has passed.
Boosting Fact-Checking in Europe
March 6 @ 8:00 - 17:00
BOOSTING FACT-CHECKING IN EUROPE - 5TH ROUND
NEED HELP WITH THIS CALL?
Proposals from individual entities are eligible if submitted by:
- Small-sized independent fact-checking and news media organisations with up to 50 employees, and up to € 10 million turnover or € 10 million total balance sheet;
- Non-governmental Organisations;
- Research centres;
- Educational institutions;
- Non-profit organisations.
Proposals from consortia are eligible if submitted by:
- Any of the entities mentioned above;
- News media organisations, including for-profit entities of any status or size, on condition that the consortium also integrate one or more entities mentioned above.
In the context of the ongoing Russia – Ukraine conflict this Call for Proposals is currently accepting applications that contemplate collaborations with fact-checking and media organisation and/or journalists operating in Ukraine. Though Ukrainian organisations are not eligible as funded partners, costs pertaining to such collaborations, namely subcontracting costs, will be considered as eligible.
Urgent actions: Projects designed to increase coverage, depth, and speed of fact-checking activities by organisations that commit to producing regular flows of fact-checks:
- In connection to critical events (e.g., elections, public health or public security crises, etc.), which may be likely targets of disinformation campaigns in one or more European countries; and/or
- Aimed at improving the detection and understanding of disinformation narratives in topical areas of public interest.
Scale-up projects: free-lance collaborations within newsrooms and/or the integration of state-of-the-art technologies for content verification and media and social media monitoring.
The following types of activities are eligible for both priorities:
- Journalistic investigations and fact-checking activities;
- Production of original content in the form of articles (fact-checks);
- Awareness and dissemination actions, including conferences, seminars, events;
- Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks, exchanges of good practices, and uptake of innovative methodologies and relevant technologies.
Additionally, for priority Scale-Up projects, the following types of activities are also eligible:
- Integration of complementary skills via additional human resources in Newsrooms;
- Usage of innovative tools improving the efficiency of fact-checking (e.g., by facilitating online content verification or network analysis).
Urgent Actions: Max: €55.000/6 Months
Scale-Up Projects: Max: €80.000/12 Months
More information in: BOOSTING FACT-CHECKING ACTIVITIES IN EUROPE
NOTE: The Opening Date in the description may be different from the real Call Opening date: Real Opening Date